"Clinic in a Pocket includes faster access to a wider range of healthcare services which can be shared with immediate family directly through the app"
The new Mutual Benefits proposition will focus on everyday health, wellbeing, and rewards for both new and existing members at no extra cost by grouping benefits like Digital GP and Second Medical Opinion services under the new 'Clinic in a Pocket' pillar, giving fast access to healthcare services for members and their families.
Clinic in a Pocket will be powered by Square Health and includes:
- Unlimited Digital GP Consultations, available 24/7 and 365 days a year within four hours of engagement (previously up to six consultations only),
- Two Second Medical Opinions (previously up to one only),
- One self-service Health Check captures twenty health markers across seven key areas and reported within the app,
- Ability to share select services with immediate family via the mobile app,
- New, upgraded mobile app solution - cutting-edge features with seamless integration and interconnectivity across all services within one app,
- Removal of the previous points-based system means members have access to more services than ever before.
The current discretionary benefits offered as part of BF Care, which was part of the Mutual Benefits programme originally, remains unchanged. These include Death Benefit, Bereavement Benefits, Terminal Illness Benefit, Care Assistance Benefit, Recovery Support Benefit.
Members will also have access to a second pillar, Cash in your Pocket, which will offer them a chance to win £100 via a monthly cash draw into which members are automatically entered. Every month there will now be five winners of £100 each, increased from three previously. There is now no limit to the number of times a member can win.
Natalie Summerson, Sales and Marketing Director at British Friendly, said: “We have seen first-hand at British Friendly what services our members have used and found the most helpful during the Covid-19 pandemic. As hospital waiting lists hit six million in England and non-essential procedures continue to be cancelled, our services become even more crucial for members. There has been a 325% increase in usage of Digital GP Consultations and a 73% increase in the use of our Mental Health Support. However, over the last five years overall, physiotherapy has remained our top used service out of all the Square Health benefits we offer and accounted for 60% of all the services used during the pandemic alone.
“As we looked to relaunch our Mutual Benefits proposition it made sense to give our members more of what they need. We know NHS healthcare services are stretched, so we’re introducing Square Health’s Clinic in a Pocket to help our members and their families get faster access to health and wellbeing support every day. Clinic in a Pocket includes faster access to a wider range of healthcare services which can be shared with immediate family directly through the app, which we know our members will find invaluable.”